Background

Friday, May 16, 2014

Show me your books!!!!

We're now up to 26 weeks and the baby is as big as an eggplant and per the baby app he can now hear muffled sounds outside the belly. If this was a girl I would be making sure to play as much Destiny's Child and TLC as possible to get her acclimated to good music, but I'm stumped on what to do for a boy. I'm pretty sure David will have some bluegrass and the FTAB playing non stop until he arrives.

We had our first baby shower in Houston this past weekend and it is was incredible to see so many friends and family come out and support us, plus there was chick fil a and MASHED POTATOES. The shower had a book theme where everyone brought a baby book instead of a card (they even printed out little book plates so everyone could put their names inside!) and there were stacks of books everywhere as decorations.  Everything was adorable, the food was delicious, and I think everybody had a great time getting to catch up. Hayley set up a table where people could cut out fabric with stencils she had made to make onesies and they all came out super cute.  She even cut out a dachshund one especially for my mom to make to commemorate their dog, Missy. I will be super honest and say that my puff paint skills have not improved since 3rd grade, and I ended up with smears of paint all over that thing.  At least the baby will know right from the beginning to ask Dad for help with all of his school projects.....  Below are some of the pictures from the shower, the hostesses (shout out Em O Lee, Hayley, and KT!) really have no idea how great this shower was and how much I appreciate the time they put into everything.


This cake was delicious!!  First of all, it was about 90 stories tall, which is a good start to any cake, and I was given (maybe by request/demand) a piece with maximum frosting.  I could go for a tub of that frosting pretty much every day of my life. 


I realize most people put pictures of people as memories of these things, but the food is SO important. In the right hand corner, there is a mashed potato bar complete with GRAVY and a platter of chick fil a nuggets.  If that doesn't scream southern lady shower, I'm not sure what else does.
  

This was the point where KT's mom, who is taking the picture, shouted out "SHOW ME YOUR BOOKS!" a la a parade float during Mardi Gras.

Isn't that bunting precious???  All famous children's books, held up by stacks of books wrapped in ribbon.

Please note from left to right, an RHOBH sunglass themed onesie (CAN YOU BELIEVE? $25,000?), a Bluth banana Mr. Manager, and Missy, with a "tongue" shooting out of her mouth bc the paint smeared. It might ALSO look a little like she is shooting blood out of her mouth...

Isn't my goddaughter the cutest???????????????  She was a super helper when it came to unwrapping gifts and would even whisper to me "What is it???" excitedly before it was open and then ooh and aah after I took the gifts out. She really knows how to amp up the excitement!  All in all, it was a great day, and I want to thank everyone for coming and making us feel really special!!

We haven't been able to set up much any of the baby stuff, or really take anything out of boxes since I want to get the carpets cleaned, so right now we're living with boxes of baby gear scattered around our living room.  You would think Babies R Us exploded in our house.  Part of me is having a VERY difficult time not opening every single box to set it all up, but I'm trying to restrain myself by realizing that my balance is not good enough to be traipsing through a maze of bouncers and swings....

Next week I'll be in the third trimester and per every book and app I've read, I will be gigantic, something fun to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment