Now that we're over the half year mark you've become even more observant of everything going on around you. The best way to get you to stop fussing is for your dad or I to dance around in a circle singing. I'm not entirely sure that you're enjoying it, but at the very least you find it intriguing. This has worked extremely well when we're trying to shove carrots or sweet potatoes in your mouth....for about 3 spoonfuls.
You can now sit up like a pro (minus a weeble wobble every once in awhile) and you reach and grab for everything. It is a good thing I don't regularly carry poison and knives because your little jam hands are all over anything I might have in my hands. We now know that your signal that you want something is when you slap your arms down on your legs, almost like you're making an imaginary snow angel. Video below...
Your favorite toys include your rubber ducky, Sophie the giraffe (the legs are constantly in your mouth), your Einstein take along tunes, and the O ball football. You have been on all fours and rock back and forth some but that lasts about 30 seconds before you're over it and ready to be upright again. I would say you more enjoy when someone holds you upright so you can stand, usually so you can get closer to something you want. One of your favorite things to do is chase Oliver around the couch. One of us will hold you while we "run" after him with a toy in his mouth. Most days this is about the closest that Oliver will let you near him, he's still confused as to exactly what type of creature you are. I would say your second favorite thing is to be tickled, especially down your back, but a little under the chin tickling is always appreciated.
You started daycare last month. The first day was a little dramatic since your stranger danger is in full effect, but it seems to improve every time I drop you off. With daycare came your first sick visit to the doctor.... I let you sleep on me while you had a fever and in general you wouldn't let me put you down, so my shirt was like a Jackson Pollock painting made of snot. That right there should be the definition of unconditional love. Unfortunately the cold rainy and snowy weather means your cough has hung around for a few weeks, but you've definitely started perking up and acting more like yourself.
I have saved the best for last.... You have slept through the night! Please note that the sentence is not in present tense.... Although you've reverted back to some newborn waking tendencies lately (being sick has thrown you off), we have cut out your middle of the night feeding and you've done surprisingly well. Most nights you still wake up a few times, but you've learned how to put yourself back to sleep and for that you get the biggest gold star sticker I can find.





Yay for sleeping all night!!
ReplyDeletep.s. I know everyone says he looks like David (and he does of course) but that one picture with the sweet potatoes on his chin, he looks like you!! :) Not that you look like you have food on your chin... ;)
ReplyDelete