Background

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Puppy Pillow Love

Clearly I am not living up to the once a week posts that I dreamed up when I started this blog, but the third trimester fatigue has hit me like a train and I would much rather eat ice cream and watch Teen Mom 2 then try to put words together to form sentences. I am now 9 months pregnant (EEK!) at a little over 36 weeks and, per my last doctor's appointment, already 5 cm dilated.  The following links are pretty good depictions of my reaction when she told me how dilated I was: one, two, three, four. After my doctor told me about 3 times who the doctor on call would be THIS WEEKEND David and I decided it was time to get a few of the last minute items we were lacking so we could at least pretend like we were ready to become parents. I think the only requirement to good infant care is a rectal thermometer, so we are pretty much set. 

The only thing helping me sleep these days is the body pillow that I was lent at the beginning of my pregnancy. That thing has been a lifesaver for having to sleep on my left side. Apparently, I'm not the only one in the family who is a big fan, as you can see pictured below.

He is under the assumption that we have specifically placed the pillow on the bed for his enjoyment. There have been multiple nights where I wake up with him bopping his nose on my face so that he can get under the covers and on top of the pillow. It's difficult to explain to a dog, who refuses to learn English, that he's 1) a dog who should be sleeping in his own dog bed and 2) I'm pregnant and need the pillow more than him. 

I took a few pictures of the state of the nursery lately in case any of the 2 or 3 people reading the blog were interested. There are a few more things in there now after our panic trip to Target last night, but we had already put up most of the decorations before the doctor's appointment.  (Please don't judge us for having decorations for the baby but not essential items....) This nursery is basically a big hodge podge of pictures with no theme (see previous post regarding the nautical and sports themed nursery monopoly on baby boy nurseries).  The pictures in the blue frames to the left and the right are from this etsy shop and I think they are hilarious.  They are a fox in a bow tie and glasses and a llama in a top hat. (I was just on her store and saw THIS picture and now I am trying to restrain myself from buying it, WHY DO I LOVE ANIMAL IN CLOTHING PICTURES SO MUCH??).  The picture in the middle says "J is for Jack" and it was a free printable I found online where you can pick the colors and words that you wan to put in the frame.  All three frames are from Hobby Lobby. [I'd like to also make a note that we now have a mattress complete with crib sheets, we weren't planning on having him sleep on the wire coils, although that would toughen the baby up pretty quickly.]








David built this bookshelf with his own bare hands (he has the specs to prove it) and painted it the same color as our dresser (see here) and we got the little fabric baskets from the Container Store. We'll probably end up moving where it is after we don't need the rocker in the room any more and before he can use it as a step stool to get out of his crib.


These pictures are on the other side above the aforementioned dresser in the link above.  There is still one picture missing in the upper right hand corner, mostly because I'm not sure what to put there?  I'm thinking something with a blue and green background but I'm not 100% on it yet.  The two vintage national park service posters came from an unknown website that David purchased them from years ago (i.e. no clue), the green dinosaur was something of David's when he was a little boy, and I printed the Texas and the quote in the bottom left hand corner off from our computer after making them in paint. There's an up close shot of the bible verse we picked in the picture below this one.



Last, but not least, this is the quilt my sister in law made for his room. IT IS ADORABLE! The fabrics go so well with the room and are exactly what I would have picked out if I was going to buy something. Thanks, Rachel! (I promise we'll get plug covers for that electrical outlet....).


The only thing we're really missing in the room right now are some curtains, hopefully we can get those before he pops out, but we'll see! I'm off to pack a bag for the hospital, just in case..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment