You have become quite the ham lately, smiling up a storm and waving your arms all over like a mad man, especially when you get excited. Your favorite game is still peek a boo/someone jump out and say boo, but you've started to enjoy even more when someone tickles you. Your stranger danger is still in full swing (apparently you're choosing to drag this phase out as long as possible), but for people you know you'll reach your arms up when you want to be held.
We took you for your second trip to the Dallas Arboretum, but the first where you were sitting up by yourself. We plopped you in front of dozens of flower beds and you were a champ through all of the picture taking. You MAY have gotten your hands on a few flowers.....but thankfully none ended up in your mouth. That adventure led to a 2 hour nap, I call that a win/win for everyone.
Now that you can sit up like a rock you've been enjoying playing by yourself more. This means I've been able to do things without a baby attached to my hip. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be able to make my lunch/pack your daycare bag with two hands ever again.
You've had quite the array of baby food and after initially spitting out everything you've become a fan of almost everything I've given you, with the exception of green beans. So far you've had sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas, carrots, apples, pears, bananas, peaches, and the dreaded green beans. Like most people you prefer the fruits, which means you get a mixture of fruits and veggies about 80% of the time. When you're being fed we know you're ready for another bite when you stick your tongue out of your mouth like a member of KISS, it is both hilarious and messy.
You've been sleeping much better (hallelujah!!!!) and recently you've taken your rolling skills to the crib, so we have found you in all positions and in every corner of your crib. A couple of times I woke up to find you on all fours just careening your head around like a telescope. Apparently 6 am is the perfect time to explore your surroundings.
We think you'll be crawling any day now, you can already spin in a circle when there is something out of reach that you want. It looks like a weekend of baby proofing is in our future as you are already grabbing for everything. I can't believe how quickly you learn things and how much you've already grown in just 8 months.







Cuuute!
ReplyDelete