Somehow we all blinked for a millisecond and we ended up head first into December. November seemed to fly by, but was also jam packed with things to do and the weather was typical Texas so we spent a lot of time outside (in short sleeves).
This past month you started counting all the way up to 10. For the longest time you would get to four and then stop, but one morning I put your breakfast down and you started counting and just kept on going all the way up to 10. We spend a lot of time counting things that we see around the house or while we're out at the store and I've heard you even go past 10 a few times. Maybe you have a tiny bit of my accountant gene in you (although I suppose engineers need math as well...). You have been insanely inquisitive, which was very cute at first when you would ask me "THIS FOR?", but less so when you pulled out every utensil in my kitchen drawer while I was cooking "THIS FOR? THIS FOR? THIS FOR? THIS FOR? MOMMY, THIS FOR?". More than once I have told you what a particular item is used for and you'll look at me like "Hmmmmm, better ask Dad when he gets home". Whenever anything in the house (or even outside our home) is broken you always tell me "Daddy, fix it!". One time we were out at the grocery store and you saw a bucket that had fallen over "OH NO! DADDY FIX IT!". I guess you forget that your mom has arms, legs, and hands.
Your favorite foods right now are still about the same, although for some reason you ask for a fruit pouch every meal of every day. When I offer you applesauce, the same thing in the pouch, you always act like I am offering you poison instead. You have started saying "Yummmm, delicious!" when you eat, and I will admit that it makes me feel like I am basically the best chef you have ever met. Pretty much any time I am cooking or in the kitchen you ask me "Mommy cooking....????" and will run over to "help" me. You'll pull up a chair from the kitchen table and supervise/go through my drawers until I finish. We tried making Christmas cookies the other day and I will be the first to admit that it was a bit of a disaster. You are so independent now that you refused to let us help you with any of the cookie cutters, you just knew that we needed extra flour on the table/on your shirt/on the floor, and when you were decorating I turned around to find the spoon of frosting in your mouth and none on the cookie. I'm thinking next year might be a little more successful, although we did end up with some delicious heavily frosted sugar cookies. You've started demanding only big spoons and big chairs during meals, which is mostly fine until you started spinning around like a top in your chair.
For some reason you have become very attached to all flashlights and the step ladder in our house. You ask me every day if you can have the flashlight and I don't even dare to open the closet with the step ladder unless I am prepared for a full on battle from you to get it out of there. Your dad has dealt with some chilly temperatures just so that you can run around the back yard with the flashlight while you yell "FLASH LIGHT! FLASH LIGHT!". I'm pretty sure we know what Santa will be bringing you this Christmas. Recently we have had a ton of Christmas toy catalogs come to our house and it is hilarious to watch you sit quietly on the floor and thumb through each page, studying everything that the store has to offer. I don't think you understand that those items are available for purchase, but you definitely enjoy looking through the possibilities. We've even taken them to church before to keep you quiet in the pews. You have started singing in church now, which never involves the words to the hymns, but definitely contains some spirit. A few Sundays ago you even were repeating back the words of the sermon that had emphasis and mimicking some hand motions...including one section where you shouted back a "WHY?!?" to the Pastor. We had a woman come up to us after the service and ask us "is this the why baby??". To say you are making a name for yourself there would be an understatement.
You have pretty decent manners but for some reason always tell us "ummmm no please!" instead of "no thank you". Also, there have been a few times that you have told me "Mommy, make up on!", so maybe there are a few mannerisms we still need to work on (like how there is a thing called too much honesty). For some reason you always blame bees whenever something is hurting. The other day your stomach hurt and when I asked you why you told me it was the bees. Thankfully, it has been chilly enough here lately that I think the bees won't be a concern of yours any more. You are always repeating back things you hear (for better or worse), and have been keeping us on our toes lately. You're very excited about Christmas and we have been counting down the days to Jesus' birthday. I have not been brave enough to put any presents under the tree yet, as you open every package that comes to our door almost immediately. December will be a ton of fun as we get to spend some time with your cousins and have already seen some of your best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment