Background

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Christmas 2016

I have still seen Christmas lights up around town, so I'm going to still call this a timely post. (This is only a half lie, because I saw some clearance Christmas gear on sale at the grocery store). Christmas this past year was a little bit warmer than other Christmas celebrations in the past, which should account for Jack's short sleeve t-shirt for Christmas Eve service. We went down to Houston to celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve and Jack's cousins came down Christmas day to continue the festivities. Jack is now officially obsessed with all things cousin-related. He asks me where Kyle and Claire are and what they are doing and for some reason asked me if Colin is the one who sent him mail. Not sure if 1 is old enough to know how to use the postal system, but I have heard he's a genius baby. We had a great time with them and appreciated having other kids around to entertain Jack all day. He misses them and I'm sure he will be so excited the next time we get together. The time together also confirmed once again that Uncle David is the favorite, but I am catching ground with at least Claire for the Paw Patrol sweater we bought her for Christmas. I just need to keep up with the bribery.... We also stopped by Great Grandma's house where Jack was able to play with Penny and run up and down the ramp to her gazebo about 100 times. It goes without saying that he slept for more than a few hours in the car both from Houston to Great Grandma's house and from Great Grandma's back home. Below are some pictures we took along the way.

Christmas Eve's Eve at home

Awesome toy set from the Riemers!

New grill/kitchen from "Santa"

Just using his new tools to fix his grill in the custom shirt from Aunt Jill (LOVE IT SO MUCH)

Facetiming with Aunt Carol and Sarah!

New trash truck from Nanny and Papa


New wooden tools from Papa and Nanny

"Helping" Nanny unwrap presents




Seriously too warm to be Christmas

You'll notice that the cousins know how to look at the camera for a picture, they clearly need to help Jack out with his posing skills.

Pretty sure this is the only one where he's looking and the cousin isn't looking. Watching some morning cartoons!

Even Colin knows to look! He might be the happiest baby of all time.

Cousin band

He just couldn't stop giving them hugs.

Showing off her Skye sweater while Jack refuses to look at me


Playing with Grandpa and Grandma's tractor


Kyle is a selfie stick master



SUCH A HAPPY BABY! 

Everybody loves Uncle David.......


Playing in the leaves




Ate all of his refried beans from Freebirds in record time

Checking out all the plants at Gram's house

Brushing a very very very patient Penny dog




1 comment:

  1. FINALLY the Christmas post I had been waiting for! ;) So glad you got all those pics of the cousins together!

    ReplyDelete