Background

Thursday, July 13, 2017

4th of July 2017

We spent the 4th with my family, including all of Jack's cousins. Jack was so excited to go meet up with his cousins that we had a countdown going every night until the day we left. We spent time with my Grandma, my brother and his family, my cousin and her girls, as well as two of my Aunts and an Uncle. There were 7 kids total there and the volume of screeching in the house was somewhere equivalent to a death metal concert. I'm not positive, but I think kids can suck the energy directly from adults to run in circles for hours. We had a great time with everyone and we all can't wait until the next time we see them all!

Penny is the most patient dog of all time. She deserves a medal for letting Jack follow her all over the house/backyard/bedroom trying to pet her. He would randomly remember that he hadn't pet her in approximately 1.5 seconds and then run all over the house looking for her.

Getting the wiggles out early in the morning with some fun in the sprinkler.


I was surprised how much fun these kids had in the swimming pool without any toys in there and for it being SO tiny. They took the opportunity to escape the Texas heat very seriously.

 These two became two peas in a pod by the end of the first day.

Intensely watching the pool from the safety of his deck chair.


 

 I need someone with more brains than I have to photoshop these faces together so we have one complete picture....
Jack's face says "I regret waking up so early....". DON'T WE ALL, JACK. Even his cousin, Claire, caught onto how sleepy he was and retrieved him a blanket while he watched Paw Patrol.  

Just being too cool for school while blowing some bubbles.



Colin's sweet baby face makes me want to have LOTS of babies...until I remember how tired they make me....

Glow stick flags, for the win! Thank you Laura! We tried to explain to Jack that it was America's birthday, but he was having a hard time grasping the lack of birthday cake available. 


We have some intense good-bye hugs in our family. Next time we'll just rent a giant rec room for a weekend and let them all get their energy out running around in circles. Jack's favorite game right now is to be chased, so he was pretty pleased to have his cousins around to fulfill his favorite past-time. Happy Birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment