Background

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Dear Jack: August-September 2017

Apparently I have been living in a hole because I could have sworn I was more up to date than this on your life. In the past few months you have grown up a ton. You were totally potty-trained after your second birthday. Potty training is a fun way for parents to remember that they really have no clue what they're doing. I would say it took about two weeks for everything to click, but a big hallelujah that we all made it through alive, with limited tears, and with only having to use one container of Clorox disinfecting wipes.

You have become QUITE the boss of the house. You have very specific ideas of how things should be at home and you let us know if something isn't quite up to your standards. For example, you only like dad to wake you up in the mornings and will tell me to "go BACK to bed, MOM" if I dare and step foot in your room. The only exception is if I happen to mention that we can go for a donut run, just the two of us.

You started school in August and you could not have been happier to have the co-teacher from last year as your primary teacher this year in your class. We can tell a big difference in how much information you're learning and  how much you're able to retain this year and have enjoyed being able to help you with your preschool "homework" as we all relearn the alphabet. There are still times when we have to remind you that fire truck isn't ALWAYS the answer to "what starts with the letter ______", but we've made some definite progress. Below are some recap pictures from August and September to catch us all up on what you've been up to.

August


Orange has becomes your new favorite flavor of ice cream/sherbet. We pass this place every day on the way home from school and you always yell out "ICE CREAM STORE!"as we pass by, just hoping that we'll stop randomly. I'm a nice mom, but not that nice.....



First day of school! Sunglasses picked out by Jack.

There has been a ton of baseball played in our house lately, hitting outside and "catch" inside.


Giraffe is still around and still your go to at night for falling asleep. I think it has to do with how it fits perfectly on your neck.

September
Loving life at a baseball game.

Your favorite spot for hide and go seek. I don't think it is quite as fool proof as you think it is.


All fire trucks all the time at our house.

Watching and loving a movie with Snoopy and Charlie Brown. We have now watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Christmas and you could not be more pleased with the Snoopy/Woodstock interactions.


Petting some bunnies!

True Texans pet armadillos.

And take pictures with pretend armadillos.

And ride horses! This little ride sparked an interest in cowboys for you. Your dad showed you a mutton-busting video and now all we hear about is how you're a cowboy and will be riding bulls (I'm pretty sure I can hear the chorus to "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" playing repeatedly in my head every time you talk about it). 


No comments:

Post a Comment