3 Months:
Caroline has become a thumb-sucker, which originally I was sort of horrified about (Jack never did this) because of all the germs I thought she would pick up, BUT apparently she has been finding that thumb in the middle of the night and has been sleeping very long stretches because of it. So, at least for now, the bags under my eyes are disappearing and I'm just a little bit thankful for it. We have had a few nights (in a row!) where she slept until about 6 AM the next morning, and each time I wake up and want to throw a party. Her napping still isn't quite there, but at this point as long as I can get a full night's sleep I'm going to take what I can get.
She still is just a very calm baby, I've found that most of the time her little warning cries are because she's been left alone too long and wants to make sure that we are still around. Thankfully, I have been able to set her in a bouncer or swing so I haven't had to make as many dinners with a baby strapped to my chest. Lately she's been sort of swatting at the toys on her swing/playmat a little bit more, although I'm not entirely sure how much of that is intentional and how much of that is involuntary. She has been talking to us a lot more with lots of "gooooos" and squeals when we talk to her, and my personal favorite is that she has been waking up in the mornings with a big smile on her face.
Jack has started measuring the timing of events by asking me "with the dinosaurs or after?". As you can imagine, these things are usually after the dinosaurs. Apparently when I say something was a "long time ago" his mind goes directly to the dinosaurs. This also gets us into a conversation where he asks what happened to the dinosaurs and I pretend like I know anything about it while he soaks up everything. He won't listen when I tell him not to stick a compass in his mouth but will pay attention to every word I say when I'm trying to remember exactly why the meteor ended all of the dinosaurs.
Apparently Jack is still in the stage of 3 (or oldest sibling?) where you have become the boss of every living soul around you. Even his teacher told me he was trying to tell everyone (even her....) what they should be doing. Having been on the receiving end of this, I can tell you that he has the confidence behind what he's saying, even if he doesn't quite have the authority to say it. I'm not quite sure what that means for Caroline when she's older, but I'm hoping she is a little bit of a easy-going attitude to avoid continuous conflicts in the house.
This month we had a visit from Grandpa and Grandma and Jack was in heaven being able to ride in Grandpa's car. I was told after they left that "GRANDPA'S CAR IS SO MUCH FASTER THAN YOURS. YOU NEED MORE GAS". I think everyone involved needed a nap after they left, and Jack is already hoping that we can go to their house soon so that they can play some more.
So tell me more about this meteor...
ReplyDelete