Background

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

5 Years, Ice Cream, and Nu Shuz

I'm sure the entire internet has been on pins and needles waiting for the answer of the Guess the 90's app..... BUGLE BOY JEANS.  Apparently, they were all the rage in the 90's, but not enough for someone to remember their name without massive amounts of googling (THANKS TRACY).  That game has left me with all kinds of memories about my childhood, but also has me wondering things like.... what has happened to Jaleel White?????  Or the ever dreamy Jonathan Taylor Thomas??  All of this to say, I have really enjoyed that app, while also wanting to break my phone in half in frustration when I can't for the life of me remember an answer.

Last Friday was our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We celebrated by eating out at Patrizio's, and getting an appetizer AND a dessert!  As in we got BOTH, we're basically living it up like the Rockefellers. 


We have had a great 5 years of marriage, and I look forward to 105 more years.  I am pretty thankful for a husband who can let me be ridiculous when I need to be and who can be ridiculous when I need him to be.  He really is the greatest.  [Sidenote, 90% of the hair on my head in that picture now lives in a box under my bathroom sink.  Thank you, Sally Beauty Supply for keeping vast amounts of creepy real hair extensions in inventory for thin haired gals like myself]


In baby news, we have semi cleared out the room that will be the nursery, so now all we have to do to prepare is pretty much everything known to man.  We already have a good amount of furniture in there, including a short and tall dresser, a bookshelf, and pretty soon a glider.  Unfortunately, all of that furniture still needs to be sanded, painted, and etc etc......  Surely it will just magically get done before August?  Since we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet we haven't started buying anything, which has been EXCRUCIATING every time GAP sends me an email letting me know that their adorable baby clothes are on sale.  Here's hoping our bank account is ready for the hurt I'm about to put on it the day that I find out the gender of this baby.

In other exciting news, I found this ice cream at Target the other day.
 
 
How great is that???  I will say that part of it tastes a little like eggnog, but I kind of love eggnog so that's not a deal breaker for me.  The butterscotch swirl has some crunchy candy bits that make the entire thing very satisfying.  I also got a salted caramel ice cream that had blondie chunks in it, which unfortunately had the texture and taste of pancakes...which I hate.  So, try that one at your own risk.....  Basically, all I've been doing is eating ice cream... [By the way, I'd like to apologize to Blue Bell for this momentary lapse in ice cream judgment.]
 
 
One last, VERY EXCITING THING.  A couple of months ago a store opened up off the freeway, which I think proves that Dallas truly is the luxury shopping destination of Texas.  Try and prove me wrong, when you see the below photographic evidence.

 
I'm not sure if you can tell, but the name of this place is Nu Shuz and they sell All Shuz for $9.97.  What I can not for the life of me figure out, is how the parking lot is ALWAYS full!  There are even cars parked around the sides of the building because they couldn't find a spot to park in front.  Surely they're giving away gold bars inside those shoes to get people inside, right??  Either way, I think we can all use some Nu Shuz to spice up our life, be sure to stop by when you're driving through Dallas. 


2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog. And yes, what happened to JTT?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JTT appeared in an episode of Veronica Mars, season 1! Still dreamy

    ReplyDelete