Background

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

We had, what can only be described as, a weather EVENT in Dallas. There was sleet, ice, hail, and all kinds of below freezing nightmares to deal with. The problem with all of this was that it occurred and was gone before anybody had time to use it as a good excuse to miss a day of work. What is the point of that??? All of Sunday was spent inside cleaning out our DVR, i.e. a perfect day in my world.  We even had enough foresight to go to the store and make some warm comforting pasta to make the whole thing a little bit more bearable. Here is the recipe in case you need more heavy cream in your life. I wish I had taken a picture of the storm aftermath, but I found this picture that is probably a pretty close comparison. To compensate for the cold we have been taking all measures necessary to survive. 

 
In the meantime we spent the weekend combing through the closet of the baby's room to try and find new homes for our boxes of junk. I was able to recover some yearbooks, photo albums, and a gem of a book that is supposed to detail out all of my accomplishments and information for each grade of elementary school. I found the following pages in that book.
 
 
Here you can see my detailed list of awards and achievements in 4th grade all summed up as "lots". Apparently I was a child of few words and lots of awards and achievements. I'll be honest, I think I might have lied under sports and activities, because I am pretty confident I have never played a game of soccer in my life. At least not an organized game...
 



 
I can't remember what grade this was, but I'll assume by the age that it was either Kindergarten or 1st grade. At 5, I also couldn't remember my height or weight, and for a brief second my signature as well. Thank goodness I had a light bulb moment and could erase "Don't know" from the signature line. Also, please note the lack of photo for that year, you can just assume that I looked exactly like I do now, but as if I had never heard of a brush. All of this to say, I hope the baby gets David's brains in this whole genetic game that's going on.  (Also, his thick hair)
 
Speaking of the baby, per my app, the baby is now a size of an avocado and it's eyes have moved to the correct location.  How frightening is it to think of a baby with eyes shooting out of the back or sides of their head???  Basically everything they tell you is going on with your baby in the womb makes me think it is just a tiny little creepy alien.  LOVE YOU, BABY.  Tomorrow we have our 3rd appointment with the doctor, and hopefully in a month will know if this will be a boy or girl.  For now we're trying to pretend like I don't look like I just ate three rounds at an all you can eat buffet..... it has been more difficult than you would think.   

No comments:

Post a Comment