Background

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dear Baby Jack: 4 months

Dear Baby Jack,

(Imagine I took a 4 month photo on time and placed it here......)

We survived another month! It seems like you changed a lot personality wise in the past month and even more developmentally. No longer are you a floppy necked little newborn who just stares at everything, now you're interacting more than ever and really paying attention to everything going on around you. I've caught you staring me down a few times while I've been eating so it may be time soon to see how you react to some cereal. Part of me is hesitant because it will be something else to wipe up when you spit it out, but what's one more liquid (drool, pee, poo, sneezes)? 

Lately you've started wanting to sit completely upright and I've watched you make the same faces I do when I attempt to do more than 10 crunches in a row. Okay, fine, 5..... If someone holds your hands you can sit up pretty well as you crane that big head of yours around to check everything out. You've definitely been watching Oliver more and I wonder if you just assume he's a giant moving fluff ball. Also, instead of doing your regular tummy time where you were rolling over, you've decided to face plant and then use your legs to push yourself across the mat. Please don't blame me when all your 4 month photos show rug burn across the side of your face.
 The easiest way to calm you down is probably to let you admire yourself in the mirror. I'm pretty sure you believe that you are the silliest and most handsome baby you've ever seen. I've sung the line "you're so vain" to myself more than a few times as I watch you crack up and coo at yourself.

Your hands seem to constantly be in your mouth and some days I do as Frozen tells us and let it go, while others I just can't help but try and replace it with a pacifier.... I wouldn't mind so much if you didn't try to fit your entire fist in there and then cry out when you realize how painful that can be. Combine that with the drooling and I've had more than a few days where the front of my clothes seem to be soaked with saliva. 

Overall, you're a pretty happy and chatty baby 70% of the time and I'm hoping this continues to improve the older you get. And since I've said all I need to say on the subject in the prior posts, my last request is to SLEEP. The bags under my eyes will thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment