Dear Baby Jack,
Happy 2 month birthday! You passed your 2 month doctor's appointment with flying colors and only a teeny bit of screaming with your shots. And by teeny I mean that you let all of the metroplex know the capabilities of your hearty lung capacity. You now weigh 10 lbs and are around 21 inches long. Thankfully, you are still growing at a steady rate (as shown by your new chubby cheeks) and the doctor even told us that at any point you could be sleeping through the night. I wish you understood the beauty of bribes because I would bribe you with everything I have to get at least 6 hours of sleep.
You have started cooing/"talking" and doing lots of smiling, and it has made all of the crying in between totally worth it to see you content. Your favorite word so far has been "agoo" and i'm assuming you're just a couple of vowels away from completing it to aggie. We've noticed that you will be a total chatty cathy and then in about four seconds flat transition over to "NO THANKS, HATE THIS NOW", so clearly you are a man that makes up his mind when things aren't going quite the way you want them to. You also have been holding up your head steadily for longer amounts of time with a look on your face like "WOAHHH WOAHHH WOAHHHHHHHH". Your facial expressions are kind of the best, with lots of unintentional surprised looks.
We recently took a trip to visit your cousins down by Lake Travis and I'll be honest, you were not a happy camper the entire time. You are pretty lucky that your cousin Kyle thinks that you are the greatest solely because you are a boy and looked past all of the crying. I think he must have come up to me about 100 times to let me know "he's a boy!" or "Jack's awake!". I'm pretty sure you have an open invitation to hang out in his treehouse any time you'd like to. However, I think Claire was less impressed with you and your whiny attitude. You did enjoy the little walk we took on the trail RIGHT until the very end when we were almost to the car. Nothing says "THIS WALK IS OVER" like a crying baby strapped to your chest. Also, you got your first taste of Dallas rush hour traffic on the way home, and you reacted much like your mom. Lots of screaming (I'm going to assume at the other cars and not at your chauffeur) and general unhappiness about the entire ordeal. I have never been more pleased with the concept of the HOV lane than on a Friday afternoon in Dallas.
Overall it seems like we both are a little happier these days (my happiness uptick is mostly due to yours....) and it has been fun to get to see you start to look around more and notice the things around you. We're all excited to see you grow and become even more active in everything you do.




No comments:
Post a Comment